Who needs Jesus? If you plan on going to heaven, the Bible says you do.
"Jesus answered him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one goes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 God's Word Translation
Why can we not get to heaven on our own? Because the Bible says we have all sinned.
"Since we've compiled this long and sorry record as sinners and proved that we are utterly incapable of living the glorious lives God wills for us, God did it for us. Out of sheer generosity he put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we're in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ." Romans 3:23&24 The Message
Understanding this, we know the Bible is very clear that we can not do enough good to make up for the sins we have committed. This is why any person who wants to go to heaven needs Jesus.
"I mean that you have been saved by grace through believing. You did not save yourselves; it was a gift from God. It was not the result of your own efforts, so you cannot brag about it." Ephesians 2:8&9 NCV
So, if we cannot do enough good things to get to heaven on our own, then the question needs to be asked, "What must I do to be saved?" That same question was asked in the Bible and here is the answer.
"He brought them outside and said, "Men, what must I do to be saved?" They said to him, "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved..." Acts 16:30&31 NCV
In fact the Bible says it like this;
"Say the welcoming word to God - "Jesus is my Master" - embracing, body and soul, God's work of doing in us what he did in raising Jesus from the dead. That's it. You're not "doing" anything; you're simply calling out to God, trusting him to do it for you. That's salvation." Romans 10:9 The Message
Maybe you think you have done too much or something too bad for God to save you. The Bible tells us that every person who calls out to God will receive help from Him.
"Everyone who calls, 'Help, God!' gets help." Romans 10:13 The Message
STOP! If you have never called out to God for His help, do it right now. Repeat the words from Romans 10:9, "Jesus is my Master", to God and mean it and He has promised to save you. Why don't you do that right now.
God wants each of us to know, without a doubt, that He gives eternal life to every person who places their faith in His Son Jesus Christ.
"My purpose in writing is simply this: that you who believe in God's Son will know beyond the shadow of a doubt that you have eternal life," 1 John 5:13 The Message
Do you need to do something else to stay saved? The Bible is absolutely clear that we are saved completely and eternally by believing in Jesus Christ. God saves and He keeps!
"Tell me this one thing: How did you receive the Holy Spirit? Did you receive the Spirit by following the law? No, you received the Spirit because you heard the Good News and believed it. You began your life in Christ by the Spirit. Now are you trying to make it complete by your own power? That is foolish." Galatians 3:2&3 NCV
Does this mean it doesn't matter how you live after you are saved? The Bible puts it this way;
"God chose you to be his people, so I urge you now to live the life to which God called you. Always be humble, gentle, and patient, accepting each other in love. You are joined together with peace through the Spirit, so make every effort to continue together in this way." Ephesians 4:1-3 NCV
So, what do you need to do now?
1. Tell someone. Tell someone about the decision you have made to follow Jesus.
2. Read your Bible every day. I recommend you start reading the book of Mark in the New Testament. After the book of Mark, I suggest you read the book of Acts in the New Testament. In these two books you will see the life, death, burial, resurrection and ascension of Jesus (when He went back to heaven). Then you will see the church as Jesus established her before men corrupted her with man made religion and traditions.
3. Pray, pray, pray! Prayer is talking to and listening to God. It is communication between two people, God and you. Don't worry about saying the right words, just share with Him what's on your heart and on your mind. He cares about every thing in your life regardless how large or small.
4. Find a Bible-believing, Bible-preaching and Bible-PRACTICING church. God has made us to be with other believers. You need them and they need you.
5. Be baptized. Jesus commands us to be baptized. You just declared to God, "Jesus is my Master", which means you obey Him now. Baptism is an outward picture of what takes place on the inside when we give our lives to Jesus. The old us dies and the new us comes to life.
6. Stay faithful to Jesus and a local church family.
If you have any questions, need help concerning any of the information above, or just gave your life to Jesus, please contact us either by phone at 662-563-2533 or by email at email@example.com .
May God bless you as you start your new life in His Son Jesus!
Adonai Church Ministries, "We're Doing LIFE Together"